Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As an astrophotographer, I've found it in the stars and planets of New Eden. Where have you found it? Perhaps you've found beauty in the ships we fly? Maybe it's the sight of profits being added to your bottom line? Or maybe it's the pilot portraits you see in the comm channels? Where ever you've found it, write about it and post an image." Don't be afraid go beyond the simple visual aspects of EVE as well. Is the EVE Community in itself a thing of beauty? What makes EVE the game, the world, the Community, so appealing to you?
As is usual for me, my enjoyment of Eve started as finding my way in the game, learning new things to do, skilling into new ships, learning and mastering new and innovative ways to kill, and fight my way through it. Soon enough I started to find just as much enjoyment out of the friendships and corp banter, at least in good corps. Around that point I had already made it past the toughest parts of the learning curve, had two accounts, fought in both major 0.0 wars and minor ones. Roamed with Pirates and anti-pirates, and everything between. PvE and PvP.
Somewhere along the line I found that combat in Eve is what drove me to play the game. Not the massive fights, but the good, small ones, where individual pilot skill, ship fittings and guile played a larger part in the fights. Perfect comms during a fight became beautiful, looking back at battles and trying hard to find fault with how I or my gangmates flew. Frapsing the battle and enjoying the replay, watching the beauty of the battle, ships dancing around one another, explosions, the quiet intensity in every command. Expectations of each fight, individually being better each time, and every fight it's own flower.
It was along this road that I found groups of like-minded people, and that had it's own beauty. It's not that Eve is, in it setting, beautiful, it IS the dark place its supposed to be. What everyone does with that back-drop that makes the explosions on screen all that much more pretty. Everyone is actively trying to think out of the box. One of my favorite quotes from eve is, "This is Eve, if you aren't actively trying to inconvenience someone, in some way, You've got a lot of catching up to do."
Even when I'm taking a small break or without enough time to play as much as I want to, I can still look back and watch some PvP video's to get my fix of explosions and re-kindle the beauty I find in each.
Other banter's :
- CrazyKinux's Musing: Beyond nebulas and shiny ships
- Freedom: the beauty in EvE » A Mule In EvE
- Achernar: The bike and the barbecue
- where the frack is my ship?: Blog Banter 26: Love at first sight
- BlogBanter 26: EVE … beautiful … « One capsuleer against all
- Blog Banter 26 « Mad Haberdashers
- » Blog Banter 26: Beauty of EVE – To Boldly Go To Boldly Go
- Down By Law: Blog Banter #26: "The Beauty of EVE" (OOC)
- Blog Banter #26 – Beauty « Roc's Ramblings
- Banter #26: Beauty is in the eye of the markets | Diary of a Garbageman
- Progression's Horizon: Blog Banter 26- Carry It With Us, Or We Find It Not
- Blog Banter 26: The Beauty of Eve « A Scientist's Life in Eve
- Freebooted: BB26: The Beauty Between the Lines
- Eve Opportunist: EBB #26 : Beauty is destruction.
- Blog banter #26: EVE shines, and not just visually « Diary of a Pod Pilot
- Learning to Fly - Spinning ships since 2003
- BB26: Beauty, in certain conditions | A Missioneer in Eve
- Dying in Lowsec (One Hauler at a time)
- EVE Blog Banter #26 – Beauty « Evehermit's Blog