The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, CrazyKinux himself, who asks the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves "What Now?" What will I attempt next? What haven't I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?
Wow, well isn't that a mouthful! I guess I will answer it like a few others have, by taking one question at a time!
Keep fighting the good fight of course. With STIM, hanging out in Syndicate, getting called blob capelle by passers by and local roaches alike. Never mind their 10-30 man gangs!
Not sure where STIM and ROTE is going from here, there has been some talk of a short field trip. Short bus required, as well as man lub!
No idea where to yet or why, but they are always worth a chuckle, maybe this time we can take a short trip without moving wholesale into the place we are supposedly visiting!
As for Myself, training up the last of my sub-t3 skills for every race, get all my support skills up to 5's, break 80m sp by the end of the year, etc! Battleclinic just bummed me out, telling me I should have 77 mil sp right now, damn-it! Over 70 mil sp now so well on my way to catching up with the BC estimates.
I have done much in eve that I wanted to try and am very happy where I am currently with STIM, lack of playing time, their relaxed attitude and the good fights I manage to get on occasion make eve pretty enjoyable for me!
I will plan on trying to make one gank night this year, but I said that last year too and never made it.
"What will I attempt next?"
Now isn't that a loaded question? I already run sparse L4's on an alt, do exploration and wormhole splunking on Logan, PvP with both accounts. Already tried industry, POS management, large fleet warfare, Piracy, WH living, mining, small gang combat, solo, trading in both meta objects and t2, margin trading, mineral trading, hauling, kinda running out of new things to attempt! I even made my own corp once upon a time and did Merc work, joined an alliance, Ninja salvaged, suicided, claimed space in 0.0, fought overwhelming and underwhelming odds.
I think I will attempt to just have more play time this year without having the wife murder me or explode my computer! We will leave that goal up there and see how it progresses.
"What haven't I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge?"
Wow, well read above, if someone has a suggestion of something I haven't really done, okay I guess I have never been an alliance leader, but being a CEO of a corp pretty much explained how crappy a job that is! Other than that, maybe I should try being anti-pirate (lol), that would almost for sure make me be a pirate again, so Faction Warfare I have never tried, but then...
COME ON IT'S FW!
I support the my Minmatar cause in my own way, spreading the ideals of STIM and ROTE everywhere I fly.
So if anyone has any idea's about something new I have overlooked, I am all ears, until then, I am going to consider most of my bases covered!
"Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so?"
I was already a merc CEO once, I keep tossing about the idea of my own corp, meeting my goals in game, but honestly,
1. CBA to recruit people and train them
2. CBA to find a place to live and make people happy in corporation
3. CBA to recruit people!
4. I'm happy not being in a position of command anywhere but the rare times I FC.
Industry is about as boring as it gets for me, not to mention mining (ewww). I'll just stick to plexes and level 4 missions for my money.
"What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year?"
Damn you CK, you sound like my boss and my mid year evals! Ultimately I think it would be cool to be a director or at least a more integral part of STIM. However I do not really have the time to invest between my job, wife and 2 dogs to put into the game without neglecting one of the above. Also I doubt my wife, who already refers to EVE as her competition, and near snarls every time she walks by my computer when it is on, would allow me to have enough time to do that. So I think I will stick with the above goal...
That is -> I will attempt to just have more play time this year without having the wife murder me or explode my computer!
And before you ask, no she will not play eve, ever, ever ever...
"EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?"
It's going to be fun and a distraction from the shit that is real life (when real life is shit) Simple but good answer :P
Now to get this thing posted, a little late, but not bad!
- CrazyKinux's Musing - A beginning is a very delicate time...
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - Words, words, words…
- My God It's Full of Stars - What Now?
- The Elitist - Plans for 112yc
- Into the unknown with gun and camera - Show me the money
- Ecliptic Rift - Enabling the future
- Inanity and Doom - New Year's Resolutions, New Eden Style
- Break Vol - Blog Banter #14
- Guns Ablaze - What Now?
- Adventures in Mission Running - The Way Forward
- Diary of a Pod Pilot - Things I want to do
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - The Year That Will Be
- Roc's Ramblings - WordPress ate my blog
- Vive Virtual - Frontier Living
- A Mule in EVE - Next on the chopping block
- Prano's Journey - I Peer Into My Crystal Pod...
- Life in Low Sec - Expanding the Franchise
- The Light of Stars - Testing the claims of CCP
- A Memoir From Space - A New Direction
- The Chronofile - Blog Banter 2010
- FlashFresh - What now for Flash?
- EVE Opportunist - Fyreite in 112
- Mike Azariah - Jiorj
- Yarrbear Tales - Year in Review
- The Independant Analyst - The Year Ahead
- The Travels of Black Claw - Where ma I going?
- Warp Scrammed - What to do this year
- Sered's Lives - Searching for directions in 2010
- Finders & Keepers - New Tears, Same Great Taste
- More to come...