Monday, November 29, 2010

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

~Attributed to Harry S. Truman

I was going to say today, but by now it's been out for about a week, so let's just say recently!

RECENTLY, CCP announced that the much hated, and much revered Learning skills would be getting canned.  I've long been on the fence about this change but I think it's a change worth making.  Giving every attribute a base +12 and eliminating what could be up to four months of a new players start so they have a better chance to learn skills and move forward the rest of their eve career might be playing to the lowest common denominator, but to me makes a lot of sense.

Especially the way that CCP is pulling this off, refunding the skill-points, removing the skills from the market, a really well thought out plan and I for one look forward to figuring out what in the world I will be spending my 4 mil sp I currently have in learning skills on.

So far I have come up with a few options.  I could train Caldari Battleship from 0 (current) to level 5 and then have all races BS5, Cruiser 5, and Frigate 5.  That still leaves me with 2 mil sp in the bank, so to speak, to place into another skill later down the line when I really need it, say just before the tourney or upon realization that I need that probing skill at 5 NOW!  Maybe then I will be forced into going the cap ship route.  Thanks to having level 5 in pretty much everything else!  Or finish up all the t3's for all races to l5.  As always, so many options, so little time!  The great unlearning is upon us, rejoice!

6 comments:

  1. You really have nothing left to train? I'm just clearing 80m SP and still have about 1 1/2 years left of training to "finish" my subcap 'fly everything' plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I could train up command ships 5, or go for the leadership skills or Black ops BS(no thanks), or as mentioned the other two t3's, but short of those I have most everything I ever used pretty much maxed out. Well I did just buy those fancy booster skills so I will be training those up soon as well.

    Whats your skillsheet look like?

    http://eveboard.com/pilot/Logan_Fyreite

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://eveboard.com/pilot/Sard_Caid

    Didn't realize you had so much SP on me. My goal for the next year or so is max out those drone/electronics/mechanic skills, fiddle with missile skills, finish up leadership and grab a few ship skills to five, train up marauders and perhaps blackops. With this done I very well may begin training a different character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looked at your skills in detail: you still have holes in electronics & leadership, and a few ship/support skills here and there that could benefit from the lv 5. I'm sure that'd take at least a year to finish up. Beyond all of that, yeah, either cap ships or consider skilling a new character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even had a chance to think about this yet, but I can think of a few good places to spend the sp. Maybe top off a few ship skills to V, seems less painful that way... dunno.

    I'm still on the fence honestly, I can see both sides of this. IN the long run I think it'll work out, so that makes me lean slightly toward the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, now I'm starting to get worried!

    ReplyDelete